Register a stall at the Canterbury Eid Festival – Eid Al Adha 2015
The Nawawi Center aims to have a joyful event that all muslim Christchurch families can enjoy with food stalls from a range of cultures at an affordable price. We welcome businesses and organizations promoting products and services relevant to the Muslim community too.
We are a non-profit community organization and need as much help as possible to cover the costs of our hall hire, games, activities and administration cost and we want this festival to be financially self sustainable, in order for it to become the bi-annual event we envision.
In order to achieve these goals we ask all potential stall owners to follow and keep in mind the following guidelines.
What you need to know as a food stall owner
- No single food item can cost more than $5.00. You can package your items smaller, so that participants can have the chance and budget to try different things.
- No drinks allowed to be sold or shared. Drinks will be solely sold by the NC Cafeteria for fundraising.
- Please be advised that you may be put on a waiting list or asked to share a stall.
- All meats & products used must follow halal guidelines. All meat must be certified halal. Please check for non-halal emulsifiers, gelatine and alcohol.
- You are allowed to give away free products or food to the community as long as it is not an item that competes with a fellow stall. Please indicate this on the form if you intend to do this as we may need to follow up with you.
- NO open flames are allowed indoors in the main hall. If you need an open flame, please register to use the shared kitchen at an extra cost.
Please read and follow these safety rules also: Food safety tips for selling food at occasional events
For further info on being a stall owner in NZ, visit thiswebsite.
For full information about the Canterbury Eid Festival click here.
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Sis Jumayah at 021 0409 131