Register Your Stall for the Summer Souq 2016
This event is one that all Muslim Christchurch families and other local kiwis can enjoy with food stalls from a range of cultures at an affordable price.
We are a non-profit community organization and need as much help as possible to cover the costs of our hall hire, games, activities and administration cost and we want festivals like this to be financially self sustainable, in order for it to become a regular way to promote peace and reach out to wider communities.
In order to achieve these goals we ask all potential stall owners to follow and keep in mind the following guidelines.
What you need to know as a food stall owner
- There is a stall registration fee of $40. Durther instructions will be emailed to you after you register below.
- No single food item can cost more than $5.00. You can package your items smaller, so that participants can have the chance and budget to try different things.
- No drinks allowed to be sold or shared. Drinks will be solely sold by the NC Cafeteria for fundraising.
- Please be advised that you may be put on a waiting list or asked to share a stall.
- All meats & products used must follow 100% halal guidelines. All meat must be certified halal. We also ask you consider for non-halal emulsifiers, gelatine and alcohol any alcohol traces in your food.
- You are allowed to give away free products or food to the community as long as it is not an item that competes with a fellow stall. Please indicate this on the form if you intend to do this as we may need to follow up with you.
- NO open flames are allowed indoors in the main hall. If you need an open flame, please register to use the shared kitchen (at an extra cost.)
Please read and follow these safety rules also: Food safety tips for selling food at occasional events
For further info on being a stall owner in NZ, visit this website.
For more information about the Summer Souq go back to this page.
Any questions? Please email email@example.com